Effective Date: December 1, 2021
Eco Statics Global Ltd (“Eco Statics”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to fulfilling our responsibilities under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, and the United Kingdom’s General Data Protection Regulation (collectively, the “GDPR”) in relation to the collection, retention, use, and other processing of personal data obtained via our website, ecostatics.com (the “Site”).
This Privacy Notice applies only to the actions of Eco Statics with respect to the Site. Victory Innovations Co., our parent company, acts as the “controller” of that personal data for the purposes of the GDPR.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data collected via the Site may include:
- Contact Data. You may provide us with your identifiers and contact details, such as your name, phone number, mailing address, email address, and company affiliation. You may provide us this information when you contact us through the Site, make purchases on the Site, or file a warranty claim.
- Account Information. You may provide your name, email address, and password to create an account on the Site that will allow you to access specific content. When logged in to your account, you can adjust your payment information preferences and view account information such as your order history.
- Payment Information. When you make purchases on the Site, you may provide us with your payment card information and your billing and mailing addresses.
- Device Information. We may obtain information about devices that access our Site, including unique device identifier, IP address, type of device, operating system, device settings, and error data.
- Location Information. The Site may also use GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies to locate you (sometimes precisely). You may be able to toggle on or off location technologies using your Internet browser (e.g., Google Chrome). If you disable location technologies, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site.
- Other Information You Provide. You may choose to provide other personal data to us, for example, in email and other communications that you send to us.
Your provision of personal data is required in order for us to provide certain products and services. In some instances, if you fail to provide such personal data, you may not be able to access and use our products and services.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our processing of your personal data is carried out under the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary for us to fulfill a contract to provide you with products and services. This is relevant where:
- You make a purchase from us
- You register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services
- We process your account registration and identify you as a user
- We take payment for your purchases
- We provide customer services and arrange the delivery or other provision of products or services
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as to comply with applicable tax law and other government regulations or to respond to a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- We have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing activity. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of the Site, including by implementing and enhancing security measures and safeguards to protect against fraud, spam, and abuse
- To communicate with you, respond to your comments, questions, and requests, send you informational notices, or contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
- To prevent and address fraud, unlawful activity, breaches of policies or terms, and other potential threats
- To ensure the security and integrity of the personal data we process
- To operate, maintain, and improve the Site
- To provide you with certain information and communications tailored to, and in accordance with, your preferences
- You have consented to the processing of your personal data. When you consent, you may change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time.
HOW MAY WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data:
- With our partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, or suppliers when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide products and services to you or analyze and improve the Site.
- With our staff, agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other platforms, and send marketing and other communications.
- To abide by applicable law or protect rights and interests. For example, we may disclose your personal data if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property, or interests, or prevent fraud or abuse.
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets (e.g., further to a merger, reorganization, liquidation, or any other business transaction), including negotiations of such transactions. Note we may sell or transfer any information we obtain through the Site in connection with any joint venture, partnership, merger, or other collaboration with another organization.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards designed to help protect personal data from unauthorized disclosure or access, and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via the Internet.
If you suspect any misuse of, or unauthorized access, to your personal data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via email at .
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the performance of our obligations or to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected, or as may be permitted under applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period we will remove personal data from our systems and records or take appropriate steps to properly anonymize it.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The GDPR provides data subjects with certain rights regarding their personal data. Subject to certain conditions, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal data:
- Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to your personal data
- Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data
- Delete your personal data
- Restrict the processing of your personal data
- Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal data to you or a third party of your choice
- Object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Object to reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis for processing your personal data
You may exercise some of these rights and choices through Site features; for example, you may update or correct your contact data through your account settings. Additionally, you can submit these requests by email to . We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity prior to processing your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal data or our response to your request regarding your personal data, you may contact us at ; you also have the right to submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. If you are located in the EEA, you can find information about your data protection regulator here. If you are located in the United Kingdom, you may file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office here.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Site may contain links to, or features facilitated by, other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, advertising, products, or content of websites or online services that we do not control. Please note that other online services have their own privacy policies and we are not responsible or liable for these policies.
HOW WE USE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may utilize online identification tools–such as cookies or similar tracking technologies—in accordance with applicable law and requirements. Cookies are small text files placed on your device when you visit a website. Cookies store information which is sent back to our servers or those of third parties. As described in more detail below, we use such technologies to:
- Recognize new or past users
- Integrate with third-party social media websites
- Serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising
- Observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms
- Improve the Site and to better understand your use of the Site
Different types of cookies may be used for specific purposes, for example:
- Necessary cookies are required to enable core functionality such as user authentication and security.
- Functional cookies and cookies from third parties may be used to retain user preferences (such as maintain the contents of a shopping cart) or enable certain parts of the Site to work properly.
- Analytics cookies may collect information on how visitors use the Site (including which content and products users view most frequently) and the effectiveness of third-party advertising.
- Advertising cookies assist in delivering ads to relevant audiences. This may include, for example, placing ads at the top of search results.
Cookies are either “session” cookies, which are deleted when you end your browser session, or persistent cookies, which remain until you delete them or the party who served the cookie removes it.
Before cookies are placed on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent and allow you to indicate your preference with regard to cookies. You may be able to use your device or browser settings to disable the Cookies. For example, you may set your browser settings either to receive our cookies or to use our Site without cookie functionality. Please note that if you restrict the use of certain types of cookies, some functions of the Site may be unavailable, and we may not be able to present you with personally-tailored content.
We may link the information collected by tracking technologies with other information we collect from you pursuant to this Privacy Notice. Similarly, the third parties who serve tracking technologies on our Site may link personal data we collect from you to other information they collect.
We may also use certain third-party web analytics services including Google Analytics and Facebook Custom Audience to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site and serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers as well as third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to track demographics, for dynamic remarketing and interest-based advertising, and to improve user experience.
For more information on how Google Analytics uses data collected through the Site, visit: google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit: google.com/settings/ads and tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You may opt out of Facebook Custom Audience by logging into your Facebook account and changing your privacy or advertising settings as per Facebook’s opt-out instructions. You may also use your Facebook account settings to unlink your Facebook account from the Sites.
For more information on our use of tracking technologies and cookies, contact us at .
PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer personal data out of the EEA and the United Kingdom using approved data transfer mechanisms, such as the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or the Information Commissioner’s Office, which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer. For further information on the specific mechanism used to transfer your personal data, please contact us at .
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Eco Statics reserves the right to change this Privacy Notice as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. We will indicate changes, including material changes to the Privacy Notice by updating the “Effective Date” at the top of this page. The continued use of this Site after the update of this Privacy Notice will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
For questions about this Privacy Notice, you may contact us at or by mail at:
Eco Statics Global Ltd.
West Retford Hall